Do you save your work while on a campus computer? It is very important to save your documents multiple times throughout the process of working on them so you don’t accidentally lose them. Also, be aware of saving them correctly! Here are three options you can use to save your work while at the Library:
- On Library computers, you can save work (Save As) on your H drive (which is labeled with your student ID number). This saves the document permanently even after you log off. However, you only have access to your H drive while using campus computers.
- A second option is to check out a USB drive from the Library Desk for 1 week.
- Another option would be to save the document/file to your Desktop and then email a copy to yourself.
NEVER save directly to the computer’s documents folder. Once you log off the computer, any work that you had saved there will be gone.
Your wish is our command! Go to the Library’s website and choose “Paper Topics” for hundreds of ideas.
Use the Library’s Citing Guide for help creating citations!
If you’re interested in receiving free money, now is the time to apply for scholarships through NWTC! The application for the Spring 2017 semester is open now through November 1, 2016. With just one application submitted, you can match up to multiple scholarships!
It’s easy to apply. Just follow these four simple steps:
- Log into the my.NWTC student portal.
- Click on the “Finances” header.
- Scroll down and click on the “Apply for a Scholarship” link under the “Scholarships” header.
- From there you can start an application, search for scholarships, review submitted applications, and manage your Letters of Recommendation (aka – send reminder emails to people you have requested to write a letter of recommendation, even after your application is submitted).
Visit NWTC’s scholarship web site to learn more about NWTC scholarships. The Library also has numerous books that can help you with financial aid, managing your money, and figuring out other ways to help pay for college without going broke.
99% of Library resources are in the cloud??!!
Use Library Search to access them!
The Library has the following equipment available for checkout:
- In-Library use laptops for 7 hour checkout
- Overnight laptops for 3 day checkout
- iPads for 1 week checkout
- Kindles and Nooks for 2 week checkout
- Video cameras
- Audio recorders
- And MORE!
*Please note that we have a limited supply of overnight laptops and iPads, so we may not always have one available for checkout. In addition, we check them out on a first come, first served basis.
Our Research Librarian Julie loves to answer questions. Visit her at the Research Help desk for assistance with reference questions. She can help with:
- Choosing topics
- Finding resources
- Evaluating information
- Citing sources